Dell EMC FS8600 NAS Appliance with Fluid FSv5
Enhanced scalability and performance with Dell FS8600
The Dell FS8600 an enterprise-class scale-out NAS with competitive TCO, up to 4PB in a single file system & over 20PB in a single global namespace.
Optimised platform for high speed, low TCO
With the Dell Fluid File System version 6 (FluidFS v6), the enterprise-class Dell FS8600 is one of the most competitive price-per-performance scale-out NAS solutions available, cost-effectively delivering high file operations per second (OPS).
This efficient combination works together to scale performance and capacity, achieving:
- Linear performance expansion reaching 494,000 file opens with SPEC SFS 2008 and 11.9 GB/sec max throughput
- Improved performance through mirrored cache and automated load balancing, even as you add more data
- Up to four FS8600 NAS appliances and eight SC series storage arrays in a single scale-out storage solution
High rack density and low cost per GB
Dell Storage Center with FS8600 and SCv2080 storage arrays offer ideal rack density for storage-intensive workloads, providing:
- Best storage density compared to the top five storage vendors, storing 1PB of raw capacity in 14U rack space
- Low cost per GB of USD $0.18/GB for 1PB of raw capacity
- Increased efficiency with scale-out architecture, flash optimisation, automated tiering and built-in policy-driven, block-level deduplication and compression
- Unencumbered capacity with NAS thin provisioning and space reclamation
Scale-out performance and capacity on the fly
Expand file storage performance and capacity within your existing infrastructure, transparently adding and managing drives, storage enclosures or NAS appliances as needed:
- Scale easily to 4PB in a single file system and over 20PB in a single namespace
- Enhance flexibility with multiple protocol support, including SMB, NFS and FTP
- Protect data locally using snapshots, NDMP backup, remote replication and snapshot archiving
- Simplify data management with Dell Storage Manager for managing SAN and NAS; file system quotas; file extension filtering; enhanced reporting and CLI, Powershell and REST management APIs
- Improve data security and governance with rich integration via Active Directory/LDAP, network isolation and support for file-system auditing like Change Auditor
- Multitenancy support to securely manage and deploy solutions for up to 100 tenants. Each tenant will have separate NAS access and management capabilities.